Monday 14 May 2012

And the Winner is...........................

So the winner was not me but I did receive a "Commendation" which I was extremely pleased with. There are a lot of people who call themselves entrepreneurs – you only have to watch The Apprentice to see the evidence of that. However, for the Winner, Paul Clark, Penta Consulting, myself and the fellow finalists, we are the real proof of what is truly meant by the term “entrepreneurial spirit” and each and every one of us would have been worthy of this award. I started my company more than ten years ago to increase the inclusion of disabled people within mainstream activities. Since then my company has grown somewhat - from my bedroom at home to our offices based in Cheam and from me wearing many different hats to employing a number of quality staff! Our services have grown and it is still a fact that many businesses do not understand their legal obligations towards accessibility and diversity. My company continues to evolve and as with all businesses, I face daily demands and challenges, particularly in these difficult economic times, but the joy and satisfaction of seeing my company flourish is still as strong today as it was back on my first day. This "commendation" gives recognition to all the hard work, drive and commitment that myself and my team put in to making DP Consulting (Disability Equality Services) Ltd the successful business it is today. Long may it continue......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the commendation - well deserved.