Friday 6 February 2009

Disabled Artists


During the course of last year, my company – DP Consulting (Disability Equality Services) Ltd - revamped its company brochure.

In keeping with my company ethos of the inclusion and promotion of disabled people in mainstream activities, I contacted a local arts group run by Sutton Centre for Independent Living and Learning (SCILL).

After an initial consultation, the artists were given a free rein to produce artwork in whichever medium they preferred for use within our corporate marketing strategies.

I was delighted with the work produced and therefore felt I would share these with you. Over the next five weeks I will publish each of the finished artworks for you to enjoy.

To get the ball rolling, I have chosen “A Representation of a Lady Ski-ing” which was created by Violet Donavon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That lady skiing is actually me - Helen Smith. The picture was taken at Big Bear, USA where i was skiing with the uphill ski club and I think the artist has done a fabulous job. The photo was originally used as a cover shot for Mobilise magazine which is the membership magazine of the disabled motorists' charity Mobilise.