Wednesday 19 January 2011

Equality within my local borough

I was recently asked to be interviewed by a colleague's daughter in relation to a project she is taking part in which focuses on Equality within the borough I live namely The London Borough of Sutton. This project will culminate in an exhibition within Sutton and also at a wider exhibition for the London Olympics 2012. The questions that were asked of me made me think about my own views on equality within my immediate community and I thought these may be of interest to you and therefore the next few entries on this blog will detail each question. I hope you find the questions and my responses of interest!

What are you views on discrimination and equality?

I believe it is important for us to have a fair and equal society that allows everyone to fully participate in mainstream activities and to maintain equality throughout life’s journey - from childcare, to education and to employment. It is important that all people be given the same access to opportunity to allow them to live their lives fully and to reach their individual aspirations and ambitions.

To be continued next time............

No comments: