Friday 17 October 2008

Disabled People Do Work

For the past two weeks, at my office, I took on a work experience student from a local secondary school. I was given two briefs; (i) to show to him all the workings of an office environment; and (ii) to show him that disabled people do work and the opportunities available.

The first of these briefs was excellent for all of the staff in the office as it helped us all to understand in more detail what each other's role is. The second one is someting more monumental to me and my specific business namely the empowerment of disabled people. I strongly believe that when you are given the opportunity to learn and develop skills, you can start to go places and meet your true potential.

This whole exercise was a success for all involved especially our student!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you to Danny. Ask Chris he can verify that. Best wishes for Monday night.

Jan Spinks
Australia