Friday 14 August 2009

A Recent Experience of Accident & Emergency


Following a recent incident, I had to go to St Helier Accident and Emergency department in Carshalton, Surrey where it took considerable time (well over an hour) to move from an ambulance stretcher to one of the A&E beds. However, I do use the word "bed" loosely as it was little more than a trolley with a bit of padding on it!

Whilst I do understand about the use of limited resources and lack of funding within the NHS, surely A&E beds should be one of the most important things that should be addressed. In fact, I feel it is a priority and certainly a necessity.

The other harrowing thing I found about lack of resources was that they had no spare pillows! Even I would have thought that funds were available to supply something so simple. This sort of practice is appalling and has given me an even worse of impression of St. Helier Hospital than I had in the first place.

No comments: