Wednesday 24 September 2008

Lunch is a good practice

Although there are examples of good practice, these need to be highlighted and therefore I want to share an element of good practice with you.
I had booked myself and my Personal Assistant on a one day training course. The course had been arranged in an accessible venue, but just before the event the organisers contacted me to inform me that only my lunch was included in the course fee and I would have to pay an extra £45 for my Personal Assistant’s lunch. After I had spoken to the organisers about my Personal Assistant’s role, they decided as a matter of good practice, to waive the £45 charge. Good result!
Hopefully this experience of good practice will be taken on board by others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Puresh - I agree with you that lunch is a good practice! Good result that you managed to get the PA's lunch for free. I'm sure not all organisations would agree to that. Also I think it's worth pointing out that lots of people don't even have a lunch break, and I think it's good practice to make a point of having a lunch break! After lunch you feel more relaxed and have more energy to work harder ;-)