Monday 22 September 2008

Twin beds?

Further to my post last week about hotel refusal, I can confirm that the Radisson did in fact come back to me and after seeking advice, they were able to offer a twin accessible room rather than an accessible plus a PA room. I believe that this meets adequate to meet their legal requirements under the DDA but I still do not feel that this is not best practice, as a PA is completely separate from the disabled person unless they require assistance at that particular time. Therefore, best practice would dictate that the PA should be accommodated within a separate room in order to preserve the privacy and dignity of the disabled person. The decision by the hotel means that I will have to put up with the drone of my PA’s constant snoring – cocktail sticks need to be packed to keep my eyes open the next day!

No comments: