Wednesday 1 October 2008

Do black cabs get lost?

At about 10.40 we caught a taxi to the Tower of London and told the driver to enter via St Katherine’s Way, through the East Gate of the Tower. Did the driver do this? No, don’t be silly. He dropped us off outside an office block which was at the other end of St Katherine Way and we were therefore unable to locate the tower. After speaking to many of passers-by, we finally got directions and started walking. By the time I arrived into the conference it was 11.30 and it was due to end around noon. I decided, after this ordeal, that I would go and look at the Crown Jewels while I was there and I have to say that the Queen has some serious bling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How ridiculous! I think the driver was just trying to take you the long way round to get some more cash!