Monday 6 October 2008

hotel refusal continued

I was incredibly disgusted with the hotel’s mistake on Saturday 4th October 2008.

I had previously booked a twin accessible room and a twin connecting room staying at the Radisson, Birmingham. On Saturday, my Personal Assistant arrived at the hotel at approximately 12.00 noon to leave our bags there and I was horrified that there was no mention of the Hotel’s mistake then.

We went out for the day and returned at approximately 9.00pm in order to check-in. We were told that the Hotel had been double-booked and as it was the Radisson’s mistake. they had arranged for us to stay in similar rooms with similar facilities and same star category at the City Inn, Birmingham. We were told that a taxi had been ordered on account and would arrive to take us to the City Inn.

The taxi did arrive and we were taken to the City Inn, at which point, the driver insisted on payment and would not accept that this had been paid on account. This issue was resolved when I checked out as the taxi fare was deducted from my hotel bill.

The rooms were not twin bedded nor connecting which I found particularly disturbing as I had to share a bed with my Personal Assistant (and his snoring).

Secondly, this contravenes the DDA, which I did point out to the Radisson in my original booking – therefore, surely under the DDA the second room should have been free of charge. This matter has made me incredibly angry indeed and this is the reason why the DDA exists in order to preserve the rights of the disabled person as people like the Radisson take advantage.

I was equally disturbed by the fact that the Radisson reception staff looked me directly in the face and misled me about the taxi and about the same standard of room. I am not only seeking compensation but I am also seriously considering taking legal action against the Radisson.

In any case, I will not be staying at a Radisson ever again, but should this be mistaken as a complaint from one individual please be aware that all family, friends and colleagues will learn about this treatment and I am sure that they will also decide not to use the Radisson in the future.

Therefore, i asked them to consider the issues raised above and get back to me their comments.

I am stIll waiting........

No comments: